Brumby Body Lift Problems.

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
Gazza01

Brumby Body Lift Problems.

Post by Gazza01 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:21 am

Just bought a Subaru Brumby which has been lifted 2 inches. Still has the 13 inch wheels, and the front tyres are scrubbed BAD and both front wheels toe in indicating camber problems. I have looked under the veh. all lifting blocks are there and appear to be correctly fitted including the steering collumn extension. Hav any of guys out there any clues as to what is missing causing the bad camber toe in.

brumbyrunner
General Member

Post by brumbyrunner » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:00 pm

post pics
Settlement Creek Racing

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:10 pm

Sounds like the front strut blocks are either in the wrong way around or don't have the correct offset and yes pictures would help.

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:01 pm

If it is the speedo cable causing your grief, I have one available that is longer than normal for sale somewhere in here :)

Do you...na, if you are new to these old Subies not likely know the difference between an L Series front brake caliper and std Brumby

std Brumby brake pads are DB326 for solid rotor I think, DB426 for vented on later 85 onwards about 90mm long , and L Series ran DB418 that are about 120mm long. Some Brumbys got L Series front brakes fitted up later in life and had camber issues.

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:51 am

steptoe wrote:If it is the speedo cable causing your grief, I have one available that is longer than normal for sale somewhere in here :)

Do you...na, if you are new to these old Subies not likely know the difference between an L Series front brake caliper and std Brumby

std Brumby brake pads are DB326 for solid rotor I think, DB426 for vented on later 85 onwards about 90mm long , and L Series ran DB418 that are about 120mm long. Some Brumbys got L Series front brakes fitted up later in life and had camber issues.
WTF??

Gazza, I'd make sure your suspension is wound down all the way, both fronts and rears, then go and have a wheel alignment done. After that, only wind up the suspension when you plan on going offroad.
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

Return to “Subaru Chat”