Advice on gen5 liberties/outbacks

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
Alex
Elder Member

Advice on gen5 liberties/outbacks

Post by Alex » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:29 pm

okay so, im thinking about selling off my VW and starting again. Subarus are the only option.

I absolutely love the gen4, but theyre getting a smidge old and higher ks for me, so im looking at the gen5.

I know theyre ugly but they are growing on me abit. I have no doubt theyre a well built, reliable car which is what im after.

Would i be silly to buy one? More so for depreciation? I can imagine these things dropping abit of value due to their uglyness.

The main turn off for me is the gearbox subaru use. Theyre pretty oldschool compared to whats available these days.

thoughts?

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/detai ... t=%7ePrice
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)
my02 Gen3 Liberty limited ed.

previously
L-series wagon, LSD, EJ20turbo, 29in tyres, 'wanky wagon'
2000 gen3 outback, lifted, otherwise stock.

thunder039

Post by thunder039 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:36 pm

Alex wrote:
Would i be silly to buy one?
you did buy a VW, sorry had too ;)
Alex wrote: More so for depreciation? I can imagine these things dropping abit of value due to their uglyness.
possibly, but for how popular they are i cant seem them loosing there value any more then any other subie.
plus the way fuel prices are going people are only going to be buying cars that are economical, which the gen5 are compared to the other generations.
Alex wrote: The main turn off for me is the gearbox subaru use. Theyre pretty oldschool compared to whats available these days.
the gen5 use the CVT, not the old school 4sp. these are very much up to date with technology and are one of the better CVT's out there
2004 subaru forester -gone
1999 subaru forester- no more :(
1989 subaru brumby- sold!
2008 zook jimny -sold!
2003 mitsubishi pajero - missus car
2013 nissan d22- set up for long distant touring

Return to “Subaru Chat”