Stolen brumby

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
berttus

Stolen brumby

Post by berttus » Fri May 25, 2012 4:14 pm

Hi all, this is a simple cry for help from my fellow brumby owners. On Wednesday May 23 2012 between 6pm and 11pm my white 1990 Brumby was stolen from the Keon Park train station in Northern suburbs of Melbourne. It has a few distinctive features: 170mm Narva driving lights, 14" off white Speedy Desert Rat(sunraysia type) wheels, tonneau cover, mounted steel toolbox underneath back window(full width of tray), many back window stickers(SUBARU, VANS, Union Binding co., DENI ute Muster 2010+2011. REGO number is NQQ 817.

I'd really like to get it back as i spent a few hundred dollars and about four days installing new speakers and carpet interior. Hurts to see it disappear after all that effort.

Im sure i won't see it again but i figure it can't hurt to put the word out there. If anyone does see it, it would awesome if you could report its location straight away.

Cheers
Brett.

AshR

Post by AshR » Fri May 25, 2012 4:50 pm

:( that's shit news.

hope you get it back soon dude, I'll keep my eyes peeled for sure.

thunder039

Post by thunder039 » Fri May 25, 2012 5:12 pm

that sucks i will keep my eyes out
2004 subaru forester -gone
1999 subaru forester- no more :(
1989 subaru brumby- sold!
2008 zook jimny -sold!
2003 mitsubishi pajero - missus car
2013 nissan d22- set up for long distant touring

berttus

Post by berttus » Fri May 25, 2012 5:52 pm

yeh thanks fellas, i hope she turns up too.

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Fri May 25, 2012 6:24 pm

second Victorian Brumby in as many months :( :(

Johnny T

Post by Johnny T » Fri May 25, 2012 6:30 pm

Sorry to hear that mate, would you be able to post some pics so we know what to look out for.

Hope you find your car soon and good luck

Cliff R
General Member

Post by Cliff R » Fri May 25, 2012 6:31 pm

And I was POed when some oxygen thief broke off the antenna on the MY. Trivial in my case.
Really hope you get the car back and they get caught. Mongrel's !!!

berttus

Post by berttus » Fri May 25, 2012 8:31 pm

The only decent pic i have of it is the one in my avatar. probably should have taken a few more. Lesson learnt for the future.haha. I attached it below for a better look.
Attachments
The Ute.jpg
The Ute.jpg (57.15 KiB) Viewed 3359 times

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sat May 26, 2012 7:45 am

All the best for it's safe return. Oxygen Thieving Bloody Mongrels :mad:

She looks in good nick :(
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Tue May 29, 2012 10:36 am

any news?
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)
my02 Gen3 Liberty limited ed.

previously
L-series wagon, LSD, EJ20turbo, 29in tyres, 'wanky wagon'
2000 gen3 outback, lifted, otherwise stock.

alang

Post by alang » Tue May 29, 2012 1:43 pm

they want you to park and use public transport but don't have the safety levels to look after your car when you leave it their. our local station has camera's but they still get broken in to and stolen i don't park their any more. was thinking of getting a wheel clamp at one time just to deter them from taking my car. I don't like your chances of getting it back.

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Tue May 29, 2012 6:28 pm

It must be a horrible feeling coming back to find your car isn't where you left it :cry: My heart goes out to ya mate, I can only hope the waste of blood and organs that took it comes to grief during his next theft.
Hoping you get your car back as well.

*Edit* Out of curiosity started looking on Gumtree for surrounding states in case they hopped over the border for a quick sell, found one close to yours in Mt. Gambier but it's not the same (hard canopy, bullbar etc) Might pay though to keep your eye out on gumtree or ebay maybe, the thieves may just be that stupid.
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue May 29, 2012 11:07 pm

I hope you've reported this to the po-lice! I've dropped a thread on the rather large 4wd monthly mag forum in the stolen section ;)

I really hope you find it in good condition rather that gutted/burnt out.

They really are oxygen thieving bastards.

All the best

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

berttus

Post by berttus » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:13 pm

El_Freddo wrote:I hope you've reported this to the po-lice! I've dropped a thread on the rather large 4wd monthly mag forum in the stolen section ;)

I really hope you find it in good condition rather that gutted/burnt out.

They really are oxygen thieving bastards.

All the best

Bennie
Yeh we reported it straight away. Luckily we had another friend with us that could drive us home. Thanks for posting it elsewhere, the more people that see the report then the bigger the chance it'll get found.

Gutted/burnt out would suck. Im hoping at the very worst they will try and sell parts off it and someone notices that it's the same car. That way the thieves can be held accountable. Although, the way things are right now, they will get a slap on the wrist(but thats another argument).

But thanks again Bennie, really appreciate the help from everyone. I will definitly post if i hear anything.

Brett

alang

Post by alang » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:31 pm

its getting to the point of having to fit a good quality alarm system to our older cars as parts become harder to find.

The NSW police are having the same problems with box trailers in NSW and are advising owners to put REAL TIME CAR GPS TRACKER on them, can be tracked via maps on the computer

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:50 pm

Payload area for burgs ??

berttus

Post by berttus » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:34 pm

Hey fellas, unfortunately the insurance company has given up and paid out on a total loss. Im still hoping that it will turn up, at the very least so i can get my tools back. But anyway, thanks to everyone who read this thread and kept an eye out for it. Much appreciated. In the meantime i still have a little brumby to drive.
Brett

olddog642

Post by olddog642 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:05 pm

berttus wrote:Hey fellas, unfortunately the insurance company has given up and paid out on a total loss. Im still hoping that it will turn up, at the very least so i can get my tools back. But anyway, thanks to everyone who read this thread and kept an eye out for it. Much appreciated. In the meantime i still have a little brumby to drive.
Brett

Hey Honey I had to shrink to get in, sorry won't be home for tea tonight.
:evil::twisted:

Cliff R
General Member

Post by Cliff R » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:29 pm

I have had a car stolen, it was my brand new 1983 Mitsubishi L200 4WD ute.
Bloody thing was a rocket with the Sirus 2000 engine (not the crappy Astron)
It was stolen by a "mate" who was involved in a car stealing ring.
Unfortunately, this "ring" had everyone involved including the owners of the cars being stolen EXCEPT ME !!.
After things were discovered by the cops imagine the difficulties I had trying to explain I had no idea what the hell anyone was talking about. Good cop in front, bad cop behind me with a desk lamp pointed in my general direction. Not very nice stuff I can tell you....
Anyway, I just wanted to say I know what it is like to come back to where your car WAS parked but it is no longer there. My incident happened at the Tighes Hill TAFE in Newcastle and I can tell you I looked the whole car park over trying to find it.
Totally gutted.
I wish you all the best and I can only hope your car is found.
The reason for this is at least you will know what happened and not think every time you see a car like yours is this it ?
Timely reminder to stay insured, fit a disabling alarm (with interior motion detection if possible) or at the very least a hidden kill switch.

berttus

Post by berttus » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:48 pm

Cliff R wrote:I have had a car stolen, it was my brand new 1983 Mitsubishi L200 4WD ute.
Bloody thing was a rocket with the Sirus 2000 engine (not the crappy Astron)
It was stolen by a "mate" who was involved in a car stealing ring.
Unfortunately, this "ring" had everyone involved including the owners of the cars being stolen EXCEPT ME !!.
After things were discovered by the cops imagine the difficulties I had trying to explain I had no idea what the hell anyone was talking about. Good cop in front, bad cop behind me with a desk lamp pointed in my general direction. Not very nice stuff I can tell you....
Anyway, I just wanted to say I know what it is like to come back to where your car WAS parked but it is no longer there. My incident happened at the Tighes Hill TAFE in Newcastle and I can tell you I looked the whole car park over trying to find it.
Totally gutted.
I wish you all the best and I can only hope your car is found.
The reason for this is at least you will know what happened and not think every time you see a car like yours is this it ?
Timely reminder to stay insured, fit a disabling alarm (with interior motion detection if possible) or at the very least a hidden kill switch.
thats horrible buddy,sounds like the cops didnt handle that very well.since my last post the police called to say they had found it, and the best news is that all my tools were still locked up in the back. car is damaged quite badly, i will upload some photos later when i get a chance. next car will definitely have a gps tracker in it.

Return to “Subaru Chat”