Subaru Expansion News

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
1111giles

Subaru Expansion News

Post by 1111giles » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:02 am

Subaru Japan finally wakes up to the 'sleeping dragon' !

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSSGE6 ... edType=RSS
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cheers
Giles.
*Scooby MV / Brumby - Current project & pet truck Weber Carby'd Ea81.Air/Con.4WDiscs.Speedliner tub. Foz seats. Digital Sound. Floodlit interior light. Cobra Security. Gear Shifter Lock + loadsa new parts.
SVX - Silky Sexy & Smooth - just like me ;)
GLF (MY series) Hatchy - "Project 2012"
*Fozzie 2.0 Forester Sport - Wifey's daily driver
*Ozzie Outback Diesel SE nav Spec 2012 MY 6 speeder - My daily driver
* 'Half Cut' Oz Brumby its now totally in bits !:mrgreen

olddog642

Post by olddog642 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:37 pm

Well it sure sounds like a good financial move on Fuji's behalf now if only they would wake up to the fact that killing of production of the Brumby/Brat /MV was a bad move and they started to produce it again in the style and shape that is so appealing but with a couple of updates like a 2.5 litre with disc brakes allround and crystal quartz lights. plus a sensible price $$$. It would be a win win situation for everyone.
Hylton:twisted:

sholinguteman

Post by sholinguteman » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:05 am

Sounds like a good move but I hope they dont export em , I mean would you buy a car made in China ? (or India ;) LOL "MO"

1111giles

Post by 1111giles » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:21 am

sholinguteman wrote:Sounds like a good move but I hope they dont export em , I mean would you buy a car made in China ? (or India ;) LOL "MO"
Where did you say that car you bought for your daughter you told me about was made MO !!!!! ???? hehehe:mrgreen:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cheers
Giles.
*Scooby MV / Brumby - Current project & pet truck Weber Carby'd Ea81.Air/Con.4WDiscs.Speedliner tub. Foz seats. Digital Sound. Floodlit interior light. Cobra Security. Gear Shifter Lock + loadsa new parts.
SVX - Silky Sexy & Smooth - just like me ;)
GLF (MY series) Hatchy - "Project 2012"
*Fozzie 2.0 Forester Sport - Wifey's daily driver
*Ozzie Outback Diesel SE nav Spec 2012 MY 6 speeder - My daily driver
* 'Half Cut' Oz Brumby its now totally in bits !:mrgreen

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:20 am

Chery will sign an agreement to produce and then after a few years copy all the technology and produce their own AWD cars independantly - first for their domestic market and then to the rest of the world. This is happening to all the US car manufacturing companies also - in particular Buick, who are currently very big in China.

(The only exception that I know of is Ford, who have a very small Chinese market).

Chery / Great Wall / etc are all going to be like the Japanese car makers were in the late 60s / early 70s (and the Koreans were in the 80s) - picking out the cheap end of the market, building a dealer network, and over time building up a reputation for economical cars.

As for a new generation MV, forget Subaru - after the Baja mess Subaru isn't going to touch a small ute. Don't worry, though, Chery or similar will have something for you if you wait a few years - and it will actually be in-line with the original MV concept instead of some Liberty-based monstrosity.
1989 Brumby - Shiny new red paint, stroked EJ20 phase 2 SOHC with Darton sleeves bored to EJ22, Wiseco high-compression pistons, Delta 2000 grind cams , EJ/XT6 5 stud with WRX 4/2 pots, 5-speed, 86 GTS seats and so much more.
Contact me for reproduction XT6 hubs...and EA82 rear discs.

bonzaman

Post by bonzaman » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:36 am

i did not mind the baja,but could have some better styling.dual cab utes are big in oz.maybe a 3.0 h6 version would sell here????or 6.0 flat 8 for oz super cars????
[SIGPIC]:twisted:[/SIGPIC]

d_generate
General Member

Post by d_generate » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:56 pm

I recently spent 7 months in China & probably saw 20 Subi's in that time but you'd be surprised at what is made there and made very well....Buick, Audi, BMW, Rover, MG, Toyota, Cadillac, Mini's even the wagon which isn't here yet and VW's by the gazillion.
98 Libbo with V3 STI running gear. 13.0 @ 105mph with CAI & 3" Zorst:mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKrsF-2JS3M :twisted:

Return to “Subaru Chat”