Diesel Particulate Filter - DPF

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
pitrack_1

Post by pitrack_1 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:46 am

RSR 555 wrote:Her car is the base model and I'm not sure what the head unit is but I'll put up a picture. I know when I turn my bluetooth on, on my phone I get a bluetooth signal that reads "Subaru BT V02" (see 1st picture) and when I connect I get this "CALL" message on the head unit display (see 2nd picture)
Yes the photo of the head unit looks exactly similar... except for the Bluetooth symbol (I think) and the "CALL" text! I can't tell the unit model number due to the pixel reduction by the attached image. Ours had none of that nor any info in the manual about it (as far as I remember). Also remember the specs from the car listed nothing of the sort. Had to buy the upmarket model I think with the upgraded stereo (it may not even have had it) and leather seats, etc. It may be you got a later in the year version (2011 update perhaps, ours was 05/2010 build I think) or some update/upgrade. Lucky you!
RSR 555 wrote:Does the mute function allow the car's speakers to play the sound (of the call) off my phone?
Yes it should. Generally (I think) the mute function is a wire input to the head unit from e.g. the car's bluetooth receiver (or an external one should it be installed, e.g. a Parrot) to tell the head unit, "Hey, mute the radio/cd/etc we've got a more important audio input coming from a Bluetooth device!"- this works for the Bluetooth device music too. It then switches to the input (maybe aux, maybe a special input line in the harness) the Bluetooth receiver is connected to. If there's a CD playing, it usually pauses the CD and resumes from the same point afterwards. You should also have a microphone mounted somewhere for voice input.

If you're playing music over the bluetooth from the same device (phone), the device (phone) should mute its music (maybe pause as well), and direct the phone audio to the head unit. It will also receive the audio (mic) input from the mic mounted in the car. It's possible to override this (at least on my iPhone you can select to use the phone instead of the bluetooth if you wish) if you start pressing the device's (phone's) screen. If you use the car buttons to answer it should default to the car speakers/mic.

Should be, could be, maybe! :-)

Hope this helps and is not clear as mud! Best way is to try when parked and see what happens- have a couple of you, one bluetooth links to the car and the other (unlinked) calls from outside (so you don't get confused as to what you're hearing) whilst in view.
Patrick
Ex- 2010 Forester Diesel

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:46 pm

pitrack_1 wrote:Yes the photo of the head unit looks exactly similar... except for the Bluetooth symbol (I think) and the "CALL" text! I can't tell the unit model number due to the pixel reduction by the attached image. Ours had none of that nor any info in the manual about it (as far as I remember). Also remember the specs from the car listed nothing of the sort. Had to buy the upmarket model I think with the upgraded stereo (it may not even have had it) and leather seats, etc. It may be you got a later in the year version (2011 update perhaps, ours was 05/2010 build I think) or some update/upgrade. Lucky you!
There is no BT symbol on it but it is model number CP203K1

It does have a mic on the top right of the windscreen and I'd say it's aftermarket, as I can see a small cable running behind the A piller trim
pitrack_1 wrote:Yes it should. Generally (I think) the mute function is a wire input to the head unit from e.g. the car's bluetooth receiver (or an external one should it be installed, e.g. a Parrot) to tell the head unit, "Hey, mute the radio/cd/etc we've got a more important audio input coming from a Bluetooth device!"- this works for the Bluetooth device music too. It then switches to the input (maybe aux, maybe a special input line in the harness) the Bluetooth receiver is connected to. If there's a CD playing, it usually pauses the CD and resumes from the same point afterwards. You should also have a microphone mounted somewhere for voice input.
Ok I'll try when a CD is playing
pitrack_1 wrote:If you're playing music over the bluetooth from the same device (phone), the device (phone) should mute its music (maybe pause as well), and direct the phone audio to the head unit. It will also receive the audio (mic) input from the mic mounted in the car. It's possible to override this (at least on my iPhone you can select to use the phone instead of the bluetooth if you wish) if you start pressing the device's (phone's) screen. If you use the car buttons to answer it should default to the car speakers/mic.
I shall try this too
pitrack_1 wrote:Should be, could be, maybe! :-)

Hope this helps and is not clear as mud! Best way is to try when parked and see what happens- have a couple of you, one bluetooth links to the car and the other (unlinked) calls from outside (so you don't get confused as to what you're hearing) whilst in view.
:???: clear as what?? LOL hahaha.. all good, much prefer the stereo in the new Outback, has all the bells and whistles
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

Return to “Subaru Chat”