XT6 info write up

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
steptoe
Master Member

XT6 info write up

Post by steptoe » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:20 am

T'subaru

Post by T'subaru » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:15 am

Thats a good read as im not real educated on the xt model range. In an attempt to answer your question of comparing the ea82t ( i have 3 cars with this engine ) and the h6 heres my thoughts. The h6 in comparison to the ea82t is like the difference between a small block and a big block when driven moderately, at interstate speeds, passing etc additional power is smooth and sudden without need for downshifting or smashing the acc pedal to the floor, and its an excellent cruising vehicle, very comfortable and sure footed. I have taken it thru the gears once to see what it would do, and winding it up to 5000 to 5500 rpm it gets up and goes:) and even with new exhaust and a very quiet muffler the sound the engine makes at higher revs could be very addictive, much better that secondaries on a 4bbl opening, and I can see how one could drive one of these cars into the ground. My first 3 subarus were all ea82t powered, man was I inpressed with what such a seemingly small engine was capable of. And my RX, its the most comfortable driving car I think ive ever owned, and Ive owned alot of vehicles in the last 34 years of driving. The xt6 excedes the RX, maybe the heaver engine and or the larger sway bars give it a better feel on the road. If I had the time and money to go thru an ea82t and its cooling system as it deserves I would keep them around, but with the lack of engineering approval and inspections and also the availibility of ej donor cars at a very reasonable price it just makes sense for me to phase them out, I think my '86GL sedan will be the only subi I have that will stay ea"T" powered.
Cheers, Mark
'86 GL, '89 RX, '89 XT6, '90 T'sunami Wagon

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:41 pm

Jealous one holds up his hand. On the drag Cd of 0.29 . I seem to recall all car mags claimed same figure all through the 80's and 90's for most cars they tested > Your Westie VW Trakka may never have been tested but I am sure it too comes up as same figure * cough,* splutter**

The Prius - bet it is same too

RX Coupe

Post by RX Coupe » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:57 pm

I saw an Jap import Alcyone in Adelaide today. Thought it was just another Vortex at the lights until I saw the Alcyone on the side.
Cars: 02 Subaru Outback
85 Subaru RX Turbo Coupe (sold)
92 Subaru Brumby (sold)

Return to “Subaru Chat”