Brumby master cylinder not very dominant

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
logonberry

Brumby master cylinder not very dominant

Post by logonberry » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:30 am

I have just put a seal kit in my Brumbys brake master cylinder and reassembled/reinstalled it. Everything seemed to work OK, all seals in right configuration,smooth movement, all ports etc tested clear of blockage. The problem is the secondary piston will not prime with fluid.. Any ideas ?

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:52 am

do what I just did in last month with great results - bench bleed first. I got a steel brake line off the back of the drums of an L Series wagon, cut off at about 100mm with flange at one end, made straight into a J shape, not this text shape but more of a curve like in a U, so bit screw into master cylinder underneath, make two, one for each port, some clear plastic tube and feed them into reservoir and stick in vice to hold or good friends hands, or yoyr knees and with non sharp object pump master slowlyly in and out and watch the bubbles spit into reservoir. If push in out too fast you make air escape past seals and into cylinder. Then bleed rear right, front left, rear left, front right, then the two nipples on side of MC worked my final wonder.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:55 pm

Hmm dejavu a few years earlier ????

Return to “Subaru Chat”