Advice on Subaru models

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
Splinter

Advice on Subaru models

Post by Splinter » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:15 pm

Hi All,

Have reviewed a few threads relating to people asking for advice on subaru purchase's, but i still had some questions to narrow down what i am particularly after.

I am looking to spend up to $12-13k on a Subaru sedan or large hatch. I may consider bumping up to $15k if it's worth it.

What i'm hoping for is if people can help me distinguish between the model's and versions within them to narrow down to a few particular models which will probably fit the following criteria:

* Reasonable amount of power.i'd prefer to choose a model which has a bit of go to it (e.g. from one of the threads someone suggested the RS series...would that be a decent option?);
* Decent look to it...this will not be a 'chick's car' so i'd prefer something that has at least a bit of a 'manly' look to it.
* comfortable to drive and generally a car that feels nice.

Basically so far i've narrowed it down to the Imprezza and LIberty models which look promising for my needs.

dont' want a WRX . No 4wd's or small 4wd's so the Tribeca and Forrester are out.

Hoping to tap into everyone's knowledge as I am having difficulty finding enough info that compares the different models of Subaru's and different range's within each model o_O.

Many thanks in advance to any advice/info you can give me.

Cheers

Suba
General Member

Post by Suba » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:15 pm

What would your needs be ?

Mike.
ImageImage

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:37 pm

Check this thread - showthread.php?t=14824

It would be worth checking out Subaru Liberty 3rd Gen, If i were you I'd go for RX Liberty which is nicer than GX, slightly more powerful engine than GX model. Be sure you check service history.
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

Splinter

Post by Splinter » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:16 am

Suba wrote:What would your needs be ?

Mike.
Just my daily driver.
Don't plan to spend time/money on mod's anymore as i have previously had a car which i spent a fair bit of money and time on

so i'm looking for something which will have enough power, looks and general features to keep me happy just driving it...no time anymore to be spending on my car :(

Thanks for the tip AlpineRaven. i did notice that the RX appear a bit nicer.

From what i can see, within the price range im looking at, it's mainly the 2001-2003 models liberty and imprezza that are on the market...
Later models are too pricey for my needs.

Return to “Subaru Chat”