Tribeca Navigation

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
tribecaMY09

Tribeca Navigation

Post by tribecaMY09 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:30 pm

Hi,

We're the a proud owner of a new subaru tribeca MY09.

Our first Subbie.

The navigation Whereis V14 is pretty basic. Currently using Tomtom 930 and it's so so much better.

Apparently, whereis V15 is close to being released. Is the forrester 09 using V15 ?

My querry is whether you can install something like tomtom instead of whereis.

riksta

Post by riksta » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:22 pm

Congrats on bying your first Suby, and to finding the forum, I think you must be the first Tribeca on here, well done.

As for the wereis/tomtom I dont know about that, maybe somone elce knows.

Rik.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Im now all grown up to an outback with a 2" lift and outback struts, ready to go off road and take on the world.

Captain Obvious
General Member

Post by Captain Obvious » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:59 pm

i would imagine you could run somthing different on there, maybe vincentvega on here may shed some light on this??
[SIGPIC]http://www.ausubaru.com/forum/image.php ... 1468060434[/SIGPIC]

The 4x4: 2004 Nissan Navara d22 ZD30 dual cab.
The Wifes car: 2005 SG9 Facelift forester 2.5l auto XS

tribecaMY09

Post by tribecaMY09 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:38 am

Thanks Riksta and Captain.

I was going to get the Forester XT premium, but then couldn't tolerate the engine noise and the plastic feel of the interior, so last minute changed to the Tribeca.

So far, I'm not quite 100% sure if I've made a right decision. :confused:

My main concern is the fuel consumption, and lack of premium features for the premium price tag, compared to competitors such as ford territory Ghia, Mazda CX9 or Lexus.

Oh well, the goverment tax break of 30% has made the deal nice and sweet. Always want to own a Subie and SUV.

As for the Subaru tribeca navigation, I finally found where they hide the DVD slot. There's no where in the manual that they mention this. It's under the front passenger seat.

I've read a few modifications attempts on the subaru B9 tribeca model

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f0e6f0c

I'm not sure I'm brave enough to do that.

Anyone got experience in modifying their navigation system or adding tool to it like bluetooth and video inputs ?

http://www.tvandnav.com/index.asp?PageA ... ProdID=301

http://www.ryda.com.au/MetaBlue-Subaru- ... 20sub9.htm
Dan

Subyroo

Post by Subyroo » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:47 pm

tribecaMY09 - I was going to get the Forester XT premium, but then couldn't tolerate the engine noise and the plastic feel of the interior, so last minute changed to the Tribeca.

:eek: I thought being in the position to be able to buy an XT was akin to being in heaven with 79 Virgins :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Let me assure sure that if you have the same run out of the Tribeca that I've had out of my 03 XS Forester you will be more than happy.

My main concern is the fuel consumption, and lack of premium features for the premium price tag, compared to competitors such as ford territory Ghia, Mazda CX9 or Lexus.

You will be pleased to know that from I have read about the Territory and the CX9 you are miles in front already. I'm sure you wouldn't like to buy either a bucket of rust in a new car or be digging deep to keep the fuel up to both of them.
Subarus take a little while from new to settle down to the best fuel consumption figures.
Peter

Captain Obvious
General Member

Post by Captain Obvious » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:22 pm

i will a agree with Subyroo on that one, my boss has a six speed auto territory and it is thirsty as!!
[SIGPIC]http://www.ausubaru.com/forum/image.php ... 1468060434[/SIGPIC]

The 4x4: 2004 Nissan Navara d22 ZD30 dual cab.
The Wifes car: 2005 SG9 Facelift forester 2.5l auto XS

aware

Post by aware » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:57 pm

Subyroo wrote:tribecaMY09 - I was going to get the Forester XT premium, but then couldn't tolerate the engine noise and the plastic feel of the interior, so last minute changed to the Tribeca.

:eek: I thought being in the position to be able to buy an XT was akin to being in heaven with 79 Virgins :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Let me assure sure that if you have the same run out of the Tribeca that I've had out of my 03 XS Forester you will be more than happy.

You will be pleased to know that from I have read about the Territory and the CX9 you are miles in front already. I'm sure you wouldn't like to buy either a bucket of rust in a new car or be digging deep to keep the fuel up to both of them.
Subarus take a little while from new to settle down to the best fuel consumption figures.
I agree with Subyroo too. I wouldn't have it any other way. I don't think I could imagine a point in my life where I won't have a Subaru. (maybe it's over the top, but its the truth)

Talking to a Subaru Dealer on the weekend (looking at new Foresters and Imprezas), and as he said, once you've had a Subaru, it's hard to get rid of them for another brand.
Obviously I can't talk given we have a Honda as well, but we've always had at least one Subaru, and I will continue that tradition. My uncle's had 12!:)

From what I've seen so far, the Foresters aren't actually that plastic. I love them :)

tribecaMY09

Post by tribecaMY09 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:13 pm

Thanks guys.

I don't mean to offend Forester's owners. Sorry, if I did :cry:

I always wanted a forester for a long time. And was that close of buying one (actually the mrs. didn't like the engine noise).

Currently, our second car is the MX-5 2nd series 2002 and we just sold our accord 2001. We prefer the dashboard of those two cars (and tribeca) than the current Forester (in our opinion anyway).

I'm glad that my impulsive buying was not too far out.

Anyone had luck on the mods ?
Dan

aware

Post by aware » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:27 am

tribecaMY09 wrote:Thanks guys.

I always wanted a forester for a long time. And was that close of buying one (actually the mrs. didn't like the engine noise).

Currently, our second car is the MX-5 2nd series 2002 and we just sold our accord 2001. We prefer the dashboard of those two cars (and tribeca) than the current Forester (in our opinion anyway).

I'm glad that my impulsive buying was not too far out.

Anyone had luck on the mods ?
I took no offence. Just giving my opinion, my opinion isn't the right one. I'm basing my statements from my opinion. Same reason you took the Tribeca, your opinion. No harm done :)

bluetribeca

Post by bluetribeca » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:28 pm

Hey all,

Just purchased an MY08 (March) Tribeca last month and just wanted to know if anyone had any further info on the sat nav? I notice mine is v13 which from what I can see is 3 years old already. Should I be annoyed at the fact that it is an old version and see if they will supply me with a newer version?

Also, thanks for the tip about the dvd slot under the passenger seat, I was just about to start asking serious questions about where the disc was.

tribecaMY09

Post by tribecaMY09 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:53 pm

Nice to hear that someone else has the tribeca too.

Do you have the 7 seater or 5 seater ?

V15 is coming out very soon, even though V15 is already out of date.

http://poweredby.whereis.com/shop/Where ... Store.html

Very tempted to replace the unit with the Kenwood KNA-G431AU Addon GPS Navigation

http://www.ryda.com.au/Kenwood-KNA-G431 ... g431au.htm

This use garmin maps and has a SD slot for map updates.

I took the car for a drive over Easter along great ocean road and love it now. Fuel consumption gone down to 11L/100Km.

Travelled 140km/h on the back road and it's smooth as.

Anyone know where to purchase accesssories like roof racks, instead of the dealer ?
Dan

bluetribeca

Post by bluetribeca » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:15 pm

We ended up with the 7 seat premium, only because of the 7 seats for the price of 5 deal (and they knocked another 5 grand off it as well).

We were alot like you, looking at the forester but I wasn't real impressed with the engine noise and the ordinary 4 speed auto (need an auto for the baby on the way). Decided to spend the extra coin and step it up a bit and we are very happy with it. Just trying to work out where all the little rattles are coming from, slowly eliminating them one by one.

Got the Touring Pack Premium fitted yesterday, the roof rail cross bars won't be getting used but the tow kit will get some use. A little bit disappointed with the plug for the tow kit isn't actually mounted on the rear bumper, instead the cable is just coiled up with the jack etc in the back.

I will go back to the dealer and find out if they will give me V15 when it comes out, it has to be better than having V13. I don't like my chances but I feel ripped off at having 3+ year old software.

Outback bloke

Post by Outback bloke » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:30 pm

I have heard from a few Forester owners that they too have noticed the engine noise. Not owning one I couldn't say. The people I have spoken to have said that both the Tribeca and Outback are much quieter than the Forester.

As already said, once Vincentvega reads this you should end up with an answer. He is right in to that sort of thing. I spose he has to be, it is his job making computery sort of stuff.

tribecaMY09

Post by tribecaMY09 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:26 am

bluetribeca wrote:We ended up with the 7 seat premium, only because of the 7 seats for the price of 5 deal (and they knocked another 5 grand off it as well).
We paid $58,900 drive away for the 7 seater premium (with free $1,000 optional extras, like wheel lock nut, boot tray, front mud flap, carpet mats, cargo net, etc. ) no on road cost.

Just looked at the Touring plus Pack. the only missing items for us is the touring badge, roof cross bar, rear step panel and tow bar.

Dam, should have asked them to throw this in too.
Dan

bluetribeca

Post by bluetribeca » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:25 pm

We ended up paying $56 500 with the touring pack plus included as well as a 5 year warranty. It took a few goes to get it down to that price but we got there in the end. They didn't like it when we said we only wanted to pay 50 for it.

The cross bars for the roof rails are already stored away and we asked them not to put the Touring badges on, they just gave them to us in case we want to put them on later (which we won't be doing).

bluetribeca

Post by bluetribeca » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:28 pm

Outback bloke wrote:I have heard from a few Forester owners that they too have noticed the engine noise. Not owning one I couldn't say. The people I have spoken to have said that both the Tribeca and Outback are much quieter than the Forester.

As already said, once Vincentvega reads this you should end up with an answer. He is right in to that sort of thing. I spose he has to be, it is his job making computery sort of stuff.
The forester sounded like it was trying really hard, I'm not a fan of 4 cylinders in a car that size so it didn't impress me much. Have to say it sounded a thousand times better than the Mitsubishi Outlander.....that was a noisy bugger that one.

Thalass

Post by Thalass » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:35 pm

Booo tribeca! Yay Outback (hahahaha)

I don't know if they'd be available yet, but I got the bars for my outback from repco for about $200. But of course my car is ten years old (this month, actually), but with the new models you might have to wait. I think they're Rola bars. Surprisingly aerodynamic, too, for my car (an oval shape), but of course sticking anything in the airflow will affect your fuel economy. I keep them in the garage until I need them.

Welcome to the forums!
Living in Canada now. Looking at all these SVXs for sale...
I'VE GOT AN OUTBACK AGAIN WOOT

Subyroo

Post by Subyroo » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:00 am

tribecaMY09 wrote:Thanks guys.

Well I certainly wasn't offended mate, it's your choice, I was just pointing out that you were miles in front with the Tribeca over the Terrority and the Mazda.

I have a mate who updated his Forester from an 05 to an 09 and he said he much prefer his 05 back as he too thought the 09 was noisier.
Peter

tribecaMY09

Post by tribecaMY09 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:58 pm

bluetribeca wrote:We ended up paying $56 500 with the touring pack plus included as well as a 5 year warranty.
Gee, you've done very well.

Surprise that you've got the V13 disc though. What's the manufacter date on the passenger side of the car ?

My brother got contact with the kenwood distributor, but he's on leave atm, so hopefully, I'll get an answer next week about the navigation.
Dan

bluetribeca

Post by bluetribeca » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:44 pm

tribecaMY09 wrote:Gee, you've done very well.

Surprise that you've got the V13 disc though. What's the manufacter date on the passenger side of the car ?

My brother got contact with the kenwood distributor, but he's on leave atm, so hopefully, I'll get an answer next week about the navigation.
The car is a March 08 build, so it isn't the latest build, but still we should be entitled to the latest sat nav version. When I get back into town next week I will check it out.

Return to “Subaru Chat”