New Forester XT

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
Willie

New Forester XT

Post by Willie » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:38 pm

My wife and I finally got our new car just before Xmas - an MY06 Forester XT Luxury manual. (Silver)

I was like a kid in a lollie shop at the dealership and the first few days with the car. We bought it whilst on holidays in Sydney. We then spent some time down the Sth Coast (Sanctuary Point, near Huskison) before returning to Sydney and then myself driving back to Darwin. (mum and the kids flew).

The trip back was great, especially when I crossed the border into the NT and the unrestricted roads were my playground.

She sat beautifully between 160 and 180, however liked a bit of a drink at those revs. Keeping it below 4000 RPM (about 138kph) she seemed not to drink too much - but I didn't buy the car to win any economy runs.

Being brand new I didn't want to push it too hard, so I only took it over 200 once, backing off at approx 215.

The best bit was that I was able to get all the luggage we took down in the Pajero (which we traded in on the Sub) into the Forester. I was thinking I would have to buy a roof pod, however we must have given away more chrissy presents than we received, as it all fitted easily.

Anyone considering buying one of these, I recommend them thoroughly. We might have one for sale for you in about 20 years!

Finally - I have a Subaru Turbo in the garage again. It was too long between drinks! :D :D :D :D
Willie.
Canberra

MY06 Forester XT Luxury
MY05 Pajero Exceed DiD
1975 VW L Bug (1303)

BlackMale
General Member

Post by BlackMale » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:17 pm

Congrats on the new ride - she sounding sweet.

daza

Post by daza » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:57 pm

Sounds like a happy Willie needs to change his sig!

smoov

Post by smoov » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:12 pm

auto or manual??

i'll be hopefully purchasing something like this very very soon 8)

congrats with the purchase. you lucky devil, you must of had the best drive home!!!

oh, and how nice is husky/sanctuary point? my subaru died on the way home from there. still undecided as to what to do with it.
1998 Subaru Legacy GTB

Willie

Post by Willie » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:18 am

She's a manual.

And yes, that part of the south coast is beautiful. My wife's family has had the holiday house at Sanctuary Point for around 20 years. We got to use it alot more when we lived in Sydney and Canberra, but still enjoy getting there most Xmas periods.

Sig changed!
Willie.
Canberra

MY06 Forester XT Luxury
MY05 Pajero Exceed DiD
1975 VW L Bug (1303)

Return to “Subaru Chat”