Finally Here!!

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
clarkey

Post by clarkey » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:09 pm

D3V1L wrote:Well the car is landed :D....dont have any pics of it, but its pretty straight...some minor rust that i can fix...and then let the mods begin :d

davo
haha, yeh, abit. had a look over it hay. is pretty good. i still want the one of the others we spoke about. haha. i might have to get rid of that smoke for you and drive it to work tomorrow. haha jokes.

Cheers Mike.
nuthin beats a subbi

Previous rides: 1998 rx liberty sedan, 2007 mitsu 380 and now a 2005 foz, lifted with bigger and black wheels ( Got rolled :( ) and now a 100 series land cruiser.

D3V1L

Post by D3V1L » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:49 pm

lol the oil is full of coolant, and the coolant is non existant.

i did a deal this arvo and have all the bits i need to turn the brumby into a wrx-brumby

davo
no more subarus

[/SIZE] [/color][/B][/color][/SIZE][/color]http://community.webshots.com/user/D3V1L9

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:29 am

Cool Davo.. Can't wait to see the car in motion :) especially when it's done the way you are thinking.. low with all the goodies in it :)

I might have some news of my own later.. I hope you don't get mad at me but I'm going for a long drive today?
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

clarkey

Post by clarkey » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:57 pm

RSR 555 wrote:Cool Davo.. Can't wait to see the car in motion :) especially when it's done the way you are thinking.. low with all the goodies in it :)

I might have some news of my own later.. I hope you don't get mad at me but I'm going for a long drive today?
damn you paul. better not be what i think it is! ill cry if it is. haha.

btw, i agree, this is going to be one wicked brumby.

Cheers Mike.
nuthin beats a subbi

Previous rides: 1998 rx liberty sedan, 2007 mitsu 380 and now a 2005 foz, lifted with bigger and black wheels ( Got rolled :( ) and now a 100 series land cruiser.

D3V1L

Post by D3V1L » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:27 pm

paul...you naughty naughty boy...hahaha

davo
no more subarus

[/SIZE] [/color][/B][/color][/SIZE][/color]http://community.webshots.com/user/D3V1L9

D3V1L

Post by D3V1L » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:46 pm

Ive now sat down and worked out an attack plan.... this is the list :D

Stripping entire interior out of brumby
fitting the dash, centre console, seats, and sorting out some sort of custom door trims
Steering column and wheel

Engine and gearbox going into the car including rear diff and linkages
Front wrx brakes and hubs and struts to be used, with custom lower controll arms
Rrear custom brake setup to use 5 stud

Bodework to be smoothed out completely, remove all blemishes,
Possibly upgrade to twin headlight setup
Paint....still looking for ideas on colour, but am still thinking of doing simple white

As for intercooler, im still undecided if i want a scoop and top mount, or a waic, or a front mount.

Only queeries i have in regards to the whole job, is regarding the wrx dash.....ppl have fitted early model wrx dash';s im doing an my00 dash ie: the late one. anybody done this yet?

only other queerie i have is reagarding spacing down of the cross members and to clear the motor of the bonnet...how far down does it have to be spaced?

finally anybody have the exact spot on the chassis rail i need to cut and how much?

cheers
davo

ps still havnt got any pics as i dont have the car at my place... so next oppurtunity i get ill get some
no more subarus

clarkey

Post by clarkey » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:46 pm

D3V1L wrote:Ive now sat down and worked out an attack plan.... this is the list :D

Stripping entire interior out of brumby
fitting the dash, centre console, seats, and sorting out some sort of custom door trims
Steering column and wheel

Engine and gearbox going into the car including rear diff and linkages
Front wrx brakes and hubs and struts to be used, with custom lower controll arms
Rrear custom brake setup to use 5 stud

Bodework to be smoothed out completely, remove all blemishes,
Possibly upgrade to twin headlight setup
Paint....still looking for ideas on colour, but am still thinking of doing simple white

As for intercooler, im still undecided if i want a scoop and top mount, or a waic, or a front mount.

Only queeries i have in regards to the whole job, is regarding the wrx dash.....ppl have fitted early model wrx dash';s im doing an my00 dash ie: the late one. anybody done this yet?

only other queerie i have is reagarding spacing down of the cross members and to clear the motor of the bonnet...how far down does it have to be spaced?

finally anybody have the exact spot on the chassis rail i need to cut and how much?

cheers
davo

ps still havnt got any pics as i dont have the car at my place... so next oppurtunity i get ill get some

Shoulda asked mate, if you want i can take some for you?just let me know. Cheers Mike.
nuthin beats a subbi

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:45 pm

Theres quite a few threads on here regarding where/how to cut the chassis rails with photos etc. But I'd advise to just lower the motor in and mark it out as required. That way you know it will be 100% accurate and exactly what you need.

Clarkey post bulk pics! :)

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:07 pm

clarkey wrote:damn you paul. better not be what i think it is! ill cry if it is. haha.

btw, i agree, this is going to be one wicked brumby.

Cheers Mike.
Umm.. it depends on what you're thinking but I'm sure you have guessed it correctly :)
D3V1L wrote:paul...you naughty naughty boy...hahaha

davo
I know :p but if you like.. we can swap? as I know you wanted twin glass roof :mrgreen:
clarkey wrote:Shoulda asked mate, if you want i can take some for you?just let me know. Cheers Mike.
I think if he gives you anymore hints I'm going to come over there and slap you.. but I'd know you'd injoy that :D
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

D3V1L

Post by D3V1L » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:17 pm

BAHAHAH paul....hows the red one? is it worth the trip?

davo
no more subarus

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:25 pm

D3V1L wrote:BAHAHAH paul....hows the red one? is it worth the trip?

davo
hahahaha.. depends what you mean by "worth it" :???:

I think I have done someone a big favour and ended any chance of anyone killing themself in a DEATH TRAP !!

I did buy it really cheap (if you don't count the fuel cost) but will only be good for parts :(

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

D3V1L

Post by D3V1L » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:37 pm

Really??......do tell...how bad is it...or how much did the bloke bullshit me on the phone the other day i should say...

davo
no more subarus

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:42 pm

D3V1L wrote:Really??......do tell...how bad is it...or how much did the bloke bullshit me on the phone the other day i should say...

davo
haha.. come see first hand :( Bullshit is putting it lightly.. the guy even told me (after asking many times) that there was only little amount of rust at the bottom of the doors.. Man !! there is no sill panel left :twisted:

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:51 pm

hey

I may have found a solution for you, There is a brumby at pickles auction this sat. Its the storm affected auction. Im going to see if i can get a cheap lib to get an engine. You may want to have a look into that maybe. Wasn't there two brumby last week in the paper? one with a blow head and one that needed work for $500 and $600.

Keep looking, they are out there. I bought two, one for $400, Licensed, running and with nearly no rust my bro's Red ute. one for 250 unlic, running with only rusted doors and some rust in the rear wheel arches:) Hopefully to be on the road soon:)
The project, EJ22 --->>> EJ25 Quad CAM:D touring wagon
Thinking of going on holidays on a little paradise island, Check out http://www.dodolidays.com

D3V1L

Post by D3V1L » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:52 pm

far out....i had a very funny feeling about him....i dunno...just had that hinting niggling feeling that he was either crapping on, or seirously doesnt know anything about cars... thats a REAL shame caus it had the targa roof....think we could make it fit my white one?
hahah

davo
no more subarus

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:58 pm

guyph_01 wrote:hey

I may have found a solution for you, There is a brumby at pickles auction this sat. Its the storm affected auction. Im going to see if i can get a cheap lib to get an engine. You may want to have a look into that maybe. Wasn't there two brumby last week in the paper? one with a blow head and one that needed work for $500 and $600.

Keep looking, they are out there. I bought two, one for $400, Licensed, running and with nearly no rust my bro's Red ute. one for 250 unlic, running with only rusted doors and some rust in the rear wheel arches:) Hopefully to be on the road soon:)
Might have to check out the one at Pickles.. thanks
D3V1L wrote:far out....i had a very funny feeling about him....i dunno...just had that hinting niggling feeling that he was either crapping on, or seirously doesnt know anything about cars... thats a REAL shame caus it had the targa roof....think we could make it fit my white one?
hahah

davo
Yep.. unless I find one with hail damage to the roof ;)

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

D3V1L

Post by D3V1L » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:00 pm

AHAHAHAHAH i had a feeling you would say that.

we need to talk more bout builing this ej22 turbo motor....dead keen.....but need to try work out how much its gonna cost and what not....prolly need to get a nice autronics and stuff to run it too :)

davo
no more subarus

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:04 pm

D3V1L wrote:AHAHAHAHAH i had a feeling you would say that.

we need to talk more bout builing this ej22 turbo motor....dead keen.....but need to try work out how much its gonna cost and what not....prolly need to get a nice autronics and stuff to run it too :)

davo
The good thing about this EJ22 Turbo is it's factory SOHC model so no rail mods.. I think a Microtech would run just nicely on it :cool:

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

D3V1L

Post by D3V1L » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:13 pm

how bout a trade, ill give you this 01 2 litre and you can build me the 22 :D

jks.
have to talk aobut this a bit more....caus i would be rather keen...for the wank factor :D....targa roof and 2.2 litre :D

davo
no more subarus

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:18 pm

hahahahahahahaha.. you're soooo funny Dave :rolleyes: EJ22 closed decked turbo engine for a open deck EJ20 turbo :D:D

We can talk turkey while throwing a line in at Whitehills??

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Subaru Chat”