redrill hubs

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
daza

Post by daza » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:32 am

Tim,
If you rotate the 5x114.3 about 15deg either way it would improve clearence some...
Daza.

tim_81coupe
General Member

Post by tim_81coupe » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:28 pm

Daza: no it won't, I played around in Autocad with the 5X114 pattern (I can spin it around the hub on the fly) and that is the furthest you can get the new pattern from the other bolt holes.

Seagull: I wasn't worried so much about the 1 hole that's close to a 4x140 hole, I was worried about the 2 holes that are too close to the disc mounts! Can't weld them up!

Now I know asking for you to post pictures is futile (we've tried that before) but if you could email pictures of your hubs to someone on these forums that would be great. I'd like to see this executed in a non-dodgy way as I have a spare set of Ford rims myself that would look bomb on the wagon.

If anyone wants the DWG file email me, although if you're half decent in Autocad it won't take a minute to whip them up yourself (spent more time in Paint colouring it in)

Two posts in two days... looks like I'm not lurking anymore.
82 MY Wagon, EJ20G

87 RX, EJ20G

89 Brumby, EA81

12 BRZ, FA20

tim_81coupe
General Member

Post by tim_81coupe » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:05 pm

Just whipped this one up quickly:

I want to be proven wrong on this one guys, but it doesn't look likely.
82 MY Wagon, EJ20G

87 RX, EJ20G

89 Brumby, EA81

12 BRZ, FA20

seagull

Post by seagull » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:44 am

I am about to get adsl , so it will fix my drop out with photos .

I still would like some ( come around and show me kind of help ) in loading the dam photos .

I have the jig for drilling

all aussi cars

all over seas cars ( can not do vw wide 5 )

The only thing is to machine the insert for the jig for the L series hub as I think it whent in the bin .

my life after work so go easy on me for some time

I making a super charger belt drive this week for a mate of a mate , rebuilding a stroker vw motor that did not pick the oil up ( complete rebuild ) , rebuilding my road bike motor ( its to slow , so had some head work done made a 316 ss muffler package for it ) , fixing my air con , putting the liberty back together

man the list go on .

I have my sand dragster to fit a wrx motor in to , and a new gear box clutch pack to make up for the auto

unless I can find a front wheel liberty auto I willmake the adapter plate for the auto I am running .finish the car trailer so I can get the kit back here so I can weld , fab , fit the new donk .Then strip the motor send it off for machining & put it back in after the frame has been sand blasted & powder coated . wire it all up , run the motor in , then go and cain it & see what I can brake on it .

& this is after my full time 8>5 job 5 days a week

seagull

Fury

Post by Fury » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:57 am

lol . Just as well you also don't have a house to renovate, a motor cruiser to rebuild or a family to raise . ...

Mate , you find time for the fun stuff - between 10pm and 2 am !! 8) cause all your weekends and evenings are not your own...
Chris :cool:

'88 Vortex AWD turbo with "go hard" attitude -

WRX EJ20G and box , TD05 Turbo and 4.111 running gear.
5 Stud conversion (Crossbred Performance) Multi pot GT Legacy brakes and 17" rims
Plenty of plans... the plans are getting done slowly;).... getting there - NOT! ;)

seagull

Post by seagull » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:56 pm

well I do have two kids under 8
three campers trailers to build
a bit of painting in the house
new carport / shed to put up
VW bettle with WRX motor to put in , build a custom auto & adapter plate for it .

Fury

Post by Fury » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:07 pm

Sorry my friend, My mrs would kill me if I had that many "me" projects, outside of work.

I was assuming you were one of the learnered young adults on this forum, who dedicate their entire lives to the Subaru God....

No insults intended

I cant talk, I am only doing my first major Subi conversion now, after owning one since 1993 :wink:
Chris :cool:

'88 Vortex AWD turbo with "go hard" attitude -

WRX EJ20G and box , TD05 Turbo and 4.111 running gear.
5 Stud conversion (Crossbred Performance) Multi pot GT Legacy brakes and 17" rims
Plenty of plans... the plans are getting done slowly;).... getting there - NOT! ;)

seagull

Post by seagull » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:26 pm

Thants cool , I have many interests but most is fabrication machining and building things the you would say what in the hell was that !

Return to “Subaru Chat”