subaru meets 15ton truck

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
dibs

subaru meets 15ton truck

Post by dibs » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:57 pm

yep pesterday was full of suprises the bigest being at work behind or in a closed of lane with trafic control. Standing on top of a trench talking to my operator i herd the a boxer reving preaty hard . looked up and saw a real nice subaru behind the witches hats yup dats rite doing better than 40 ks opps . all i could see was this guy headoning my truck .
then bang not once but twice then i saw it bouncing through the air.finishing up 60 or so mtrs down the road. i saw red grabing sompthing i race of to flog the driver thinking it was some young smartarse but seeing his wife was hurt andddddd old ibacked of.and went back to see what damage was done to my truck.the left front wheel pushed hard round to the chasie but to my supprise not much body damage. then this energex worker came up to me and asked where he came from as he hit him to .
ferther investigations the whole left side of his car was bent from front to back and the rite side from front to b pillar stufed . shame realy it looked clean bit like a 1 owner cherished car now impounded because he said his brakes failed but failed breaks dont rev a car
now with a 10,000 dollar quote and about 3 to 4 weeks down time averaging 1300 dollars a day . im glade theres insurance plus the cost of hiring some one else to keep my loyal customers happy (you cant dry hire a vacuum excavation truck ) supose the old girls guna get a real work out now.
the front axle and stearing box have to go and be tested and xrayed some bits not in aus
never seen so many safety guys in one spot . because it was a road tek job there was 4 road tek safety guys ,because a energey car was involved 3 energex guys turned up , because men at work were doing trafic control 2 of there safety guys turned up ,i sorta felt outa place cause i only had me n jono my operator there lol sorta not 1 ambo 2 fire trucks three cop cars and a partidge i a pear tree .
im realy glad i moved the brumby closer to the kerb not 3 minutes befor as it was in the line from were he hit me and were he stoped there was even hotmix stuck to my windscren from here hi gouged the road on landing twice they realy bounce them subies
buger huh dibs

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:00 pm

ohhhhhhhk.....i think i understand what happened ??

alex
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)
my02 Gen3 Liberty limited ed.

previously
L-series wagon, LSD, EJ20turbo, 29in tyres, 'wanky wagon'
2000 gen3 outback, lifted, otherwise stock.

theclick

Post by theclick » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:15 pm

Summary: Idiot in subaru revs it hard through witches hat, come head on with dibs, reflects off into an energy guy and into the gutter. Wife hurt, nice subaru written off.

dibs

Post by dibs » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:21 pm

bottom line dibs outa pocket some 50 thousand dollars

Subafury

Post by Subafury » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:31 pm

ah thanks for the clarification. same as what i deciphered. bad luck mate. what a dickhead in the subaru

d_generate
General Member

Post by d_generate » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:33 am

So you'd rather he hit your truck costing you downtime etc etc than hit your brumby????? That's dedication.
98 Libbo with V3 STI running gear. 13.0 @ 105mph with CAI & 3" Zorst:mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKrsF-2JS3M :twisted:

Suby Roo

Post by Suby Roo » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:20 am

Bad news mate. Parents have a trucking business and downtime is pretty costly.

Good to hear the brumby is ok though.
'91 Legacy GT wagon, 2.35 turbo, td05-20g, 05sti spec c dccd 6 speed, 3 inch, front mount, power fc

Subyroo

Post by Subyroo » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:49 am

I'm glad somebody could make head 'n' tails out of that blurb.
Peter

Goon

Post by Goon » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:52 pm

Hi Dibs, sorry to hear about the accident mate, some folks eh? Hope it all works out for you in the end.

Suba
General Member

Post by Suba » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:37 pm

Sorry to hear about the accident , just a tip , a little proof reading can go a long way on a long post.

Mike.
ImageImage

gx_rex

Post by gx_rex » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:42 pm

Suba wrote:Sorry to hear about the accident , just a tip , a little proof reading can go a long way on a long post.

Mike.
x2

That was a bit painful to read...

Return to “Subaru Chat”