Hatchie takes a hit. :(

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
GTlegs

Post by GTlegs » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:36 pm

friggin retarded derro c*nts! If someone did this to me, I'd be breaking in my baseball bat on their head. Sorry, but this kinda thing pisses me right off.
'Another quality whore post from GTlegs Inc. Call 1900 POSTHO for all your forum reply supplies.'

BlackMale
General Member

Post by BlackMale » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:36 pm

mattims wrote:sorry to joke about it... but it kinda goes well with the bullet hole stickers..
Yer that was going to be my comment as well Matt. That’s a REAL shame Dave and I am sorry to hear about that – Glade that your ok though. It may not come to anything but you know you should also report it to the police (if you have not done so already).
Toyota 105 Series LandCruiser (that nobody on here wants to really hear about).
RX Touring Wagon - fitted out for 4WDing (currently collecting dust).
RX Project - will be road only at this stage (and currently taking way to long to finish).

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:39 pm

mattims wrote:sorry to joke about it... but it kinda goes well with the bullet hole stickers..
Very true.

SuBaRiNo, your very lucky mate, did you see it coming your way or did i just go bang and scare the sh!t outta ya?

Hope you find a replacement without too much hassle.

As Cooloothin has already said, that woman in sydney who's in hospital that got hit in the head by a rock the exact same way - i heard on the news that she may suffer from seisures for the rest of her life... thats once she recovers (she's in a coma with part of her scull removed or missing, something like that)...

I don't know what kind of person does this sorta thing for kicks, but they should be severly dealt with.

Good luck window hunting.
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

BrennyV

Post by BrennyV » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:31 pm

Absolute drop kicks, this is something that really pisses me off as it has happened to friends in the past, and ended up costing big $$. Not only costing heaps but dangerous as people have been killed from this before. Absolute mindless behaviour farkers should be shot!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
VER7 STI (FOR SALE) & RIP EJ22 AWD LEONE
PIX @ www.webshots.com/user/4muff

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quote ... 02861.html

julian

Post by julian » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:33 pm

You are so lucky it only hit your side window, I shudder to think how you would be if it went through the front... I take it the police have been informed?

It is moments like these that make me despair for some people- the idea of resorting to the endangerment of someone elses life for fun is soul destroying for me.
May the full weight of the justice system eventually come down on the low life.
Julian

2004 Outback H6
2004 Forester XS

Organ donation saves lives

rigby

Post by rigby » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:39 pm

thats ****ed wear abouts on roe highway was it. i have had same think done to me on leach high was straight thru front window thank **** no 1 was sitting in passenger seat

subybrumby

Post by subybrumby » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:46 pm

feel for you mate.....!!!!!

Subafury

Post by Subafury » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:16 am

tha ****in sux dude, what bastards.
at first when i read the topic i thought someone had driven into you- which woulda been much worse, but still.

ill check at my work theres this wa supplier that deals with weird ass crash replacement parts. or you could check out there website somewhere - All Crash Parts is the name. can even get new radiators from them and front panels etc. a hatch might be a bit trickier tho.

cruzingbrumby

Post by cruzingbrumby » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:36 am

Sorry to see the damage especially the car being an import, I have had a rock through the front windscreen doing 120 down the M5 in sydney, scared the #$%& out of me, and took about a week to get all the bits of glass out of my hands and face lucky was wearing sunnies. low life kids with nothing better to do, if caught they should be lined up and made to run and anyone who has had a car hit should be able to chuck bricks at them so that they can see what the cause of their actions is.

Learner

Post by Learner » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:25 pm

lexan i something u could try. it's 10X better than perspex if you ever go down that way
1989 L touring wagon auto (project)
1969 beetle street car (project)
= me:) :D

Fury

Post by Fury » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:37 pm

BAD luck Dave, Sux big time.

As an ex motor trimmer I came cross a lot of unique cars with damage, that couldn't easily be repaired.

Popout the good side, ( sould take like 5 min ) Take a template, and pop it back in. ( assuming it is the rubber mount profile with key insert bead) and as was mentioned, make a Lexan one. Very TUFF, and keep looking for a genuine.

Tht way, you can keep drving, and is secure when you lock it, wont smash, and wont cost a fortune.

Take the template to a plastics place, boat windscreen joint or just grab a piece and use plasic blade in a jigsaw ( slowly - it still melts )

That way, if you have to get one imported, you can take your time.

That girl in Sydney is just out of her coma.
Chris :cool:

'88 Vortex AWD turbo with "go hard" attitude -

WRX EJ20G and box , TD05 Turbo and 4.111 running gear.
5 Stud conversion (Crossbred Performance) Multi pot GT Legacy brakes and 17" rims
Plenty of plans... the plans are getting done slowly;).... getting there - NOT! ;)

Subafury

Post by Subafury » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:34 pm

no luck with allcrash, they dont do MY at all. my workmate suggested a place in malaga that makes up windows, said it was cheap too. ill see if i can get any details

SuBaRiNo

Post by SuBaRiNo » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:37 pm

Matt DEFINATELY interested in that place dude... even if you can put it on here and SMS me the details would be great and i will get there ASAP... hard part is after tomorrow i doubt i will be using the car during the week so i will only be able to visit places on a saturday morning.

Dave
EJ conversion wiring harness cut downs available. Please PM or email (davem2000@hotmail.com) for details.

SuBaRiNo

Post by SuBaRiNo » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:30 pm

Just an update.... after visiting COUNTLESS window places and parts importers i have come up empty handed... once again no one local wants to help me. And it appears i can't make phone enquires cos no one understands it's a hatch back and not a Coupe.

My one glimer of hope is in the hands of a guy from the USMB who has offered a free window... just need to pay for postage... he has allready spent a lot of time getting shipping prices and looking at packaging options.... just waiting on a final price and then i have to get the money to him somehow. I have never transfered money to an overseas account before so not really sure what to do.

So fingers crossed... the pain may end soon.

Dave
EJ conversion wiring harness cut downs available. Please PM or email (davem2000@hotmail.com) for details.

Matatak

Post by Matatak » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:45 pm

maybe he shuld send one spare of every window for the next unfortunate accident if one happens
Wagon is no longer....:(

The Subaru Wacky Workshop
-All About the WA Boys :D

Fury

Post by Fury » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:58 am

SuBaRiNo wrote:Just an update.... after visiting COUNTLESS window places and parts importers i have come up empty handed... once again no one local wants to help me. And it appears i can't make phone enquires cos no one understands it's a hatch back and not a Coupe.

My one glimer of hope is in the hands of a guy from the USMB who has offered a free window... just need to pay for postage... he has allready spent a lot of time getting shipping prices and looking at packaging options.... just waiting on a final price and then i have to get the money to him somehow. I have never transfered money to an overseas account before so not really sure what to do.

So fingers crossed... the pain may end soon.

Dave

Easiest way is to set up a Paypal account. It seems that a lot of US people have them as part of their ebay account. It doesn't have to be an ebay transaction to use it. not too sure abput the diffeence in $ value, but I would assume that whatever the US $ amount is, work out the AU $ difference on the day (It was .85 AU to 1 US$ or round 15cents extra )

one thought anyway...

5 Stud conversion (Crossbred Performance) Multi pot GT Legacy brakes and 17" rims
Plenty of plans... the plans are getting done slowly;).... getting there - NOT! ;)

Fang

Post by Fang » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:16 am

Fury wrote:Easiest way is to set up a Paypal account. It seems that a lot of US people have them as part of their ebay account. It doesn't have to be an ebay transaction to use it. not too sure abput the diffeence in $ value, but I would assume that whatever the US $ amount is, work out the AU $ difference on the day (It was .85 AU to 1 US$ or round 15cents extra )

one thought anyway...

I agree entirely - its not that big a drama to get stuff from OS. Just make sure old mate in the US packs it really well.

gx_rex

Post by gx_rex » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:47 am

Fury wrote:Easiest way is to set up a Paypal account. It seems that a lot of US people have them as part of their ebay account. It doesn't have to be an ebay transaction to use it. not too sure abput the diffeence in $ value, but I would assume that whatever the US $ amount is, work out the AU $ difference on the day (It was .85 AU to 1 US$ or round 15cents extra )

one thought anyway...
with paypal you can pay for the goods in US dollars and they will do the conversion when they take the money from your bank account. Easy as...

Fury

Post by Fury » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:10 pm

... sorry, forgot to mention that they (Paypal) actually do the conversion for you.

The 15cent thing is basically to estimate how much extra per US $1.00 extra that you need over the US amount

ie: US $10.00 + 15% = AU $11.50

SuBaRiNo

Post by SuBaRiNo » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:43 pm

It's starting to look like i might be able to get away with this a little cheeper than i thought... but i will hold off on the party until i have the window in my hands.

Dave

Return to “Subaru Chat”