stupid mistakes

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
Porty

Post by Porty » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:59 pm

Left my drivers door open and had my car in Reverse (auto), jumped out started walking to the house when i heard a loud crunching sound.. turned around and saw that the door had caught the front of my dads car, and had buckled it right around...

I think everyones done this one... Left the wheel nuts loose of my gfs excel, driving down the road wobble wobble wobble..

My little daihatsu handi was sitting in the yard at work, walked up to it in the arvo stuck the key in through the window, turned it on and forgot it was in gear.. she jumped forward and started then took off down the yard, dropped my work bag took off after it and had to jump in the window to stop it, just before it hit one of the cranes... haha

Parked the suby out the front and had the wheels pointing to the front lawn, instead of towards the road.. my gf jumps in and takes off like normal, but the wheels are facing different direction than normal.. she went straight into the letter box....... And of course it was my fault... lol
90 L Series Touring Wagon MPFI
02 GX ImprezaHatch

David D

Post by David D » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:35 am

Had an awesome 'moment' yesterday so I thought I'd share it...

After replacing coolant in my Brumby, I wanted to run it then check the timing when I'd warmed it up. I wanted to see if my timing marks were still visible so I turned the engine by the crank pulley bolt.
Before start up I did a quick visual in the engine bay - everything re-connected, no tools etc. All looked good.
When I started it there was a crunching / grinding noise followed by a bang. Cue brown trousers. I jumped out the car to find my socket on the floor beside the crank pulley bolt. Guess I should have looked more carefully for tools....

David D

t.ridden

Post by t.ridden » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:51 am

Here's a good one.

Did the front wheel bearings in my L series last year, forgot to put the spacers back in! :(
5kms later and nearly lost my wheels!
Aaand repco only had one more set...to this day I still have one "new" set and one "best of the old" set installed :P

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:31 pm

David D wrote:When I started it there was a crunching / grinding noise followed by a bang. Cue brown trousers. I jumped out the car to find my socket on the floor beside the crank pulley bolt. Guess I should have looked more carefully for tools....
Who hasn't left the 22mm socket on there at least once :rolleyes: I must be really dumb to have done it twice. Didn't undo the crank bolt though, just made a helluva noise to make me jump before dropping off.
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

justincase41

Post by justincase41 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:48 pm

I had to replace the front wheel bearings on a mini the night before hitting Queensland Raceway the next morning. It was about 10pm, the girly was on night shift (So I thought....) I removed both hubs and proceeded to the kitchen bench where I utilised the bread board as my sound dampener from the winging hag that lived in the town house next door. So I am hammering the old bearings out, took a swig of my home brew, then looked up to my darlin girly looking at me with death in her eyes!

She got a nice new bread board out of the deal!
Current :
1992 Brumby (Future EJ20 Conversion)
2007 Toyota Prado 120
2012 Great Wall V200 (daily driver)
1997 Subaru Outback
1999 Toyota Surf (Beach Basher)
Past:
To Many to list!

Return to “Subaru Chat”