Subaru 2004 Outback Problems

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
Don Goulding

Subaru 2004 Outback Problems

Post by Don Goulding » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:21 am

Hi Everybody,
This is my first time posting, not too sure if any of the old threads could solve my problem. Please point me to those threads if any.
I have a 2004 Subaru Outback 2.5L manual. On a recent trip to Adelaide I was doing 110kmh on the freeway going into Adelaide when slowly the car started losing speed dropping down to only 75kmh on the freeway.
Bought a set of plugs but that made no difference, took it to a tuneup place but they could not fault it because it behaved perfectly. I asked them to change the fuel pump & filter assembly because I was worried it might leave me stranded on the way back to Melbourne. A genuine Subaru pump assembly was fitted.
It took me back home without any problems but now it is starting to play up again. When accelerating the car coughs & sputters as if the engine is cold. At the recent 200,000 km service (last month), the garage changed all the ignition leads. The battery and the charging tested out fine. They said that the injectors were fine also. They too could not fault it on their test run.
Other problems I have noticed:
The Cruise Control will not set with the parkers or headlights on. Sometimes it suddenly drops out of cruise on the highway
The clock suddenly gains or loses time.
Is there a good Subaru expert in the Melbourne area
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Don

ktmtragic

Post by ktmtragic » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:30 am

Sounds like a loose/bad connection somewhere. Check your earth point on the body and have a look in the fuse box for anything suspicious. Check the positive terminal on the battery and starter. The cruise clock light thing points to a possible problem with voltage drop.
Hope this helps

dmondo

Local Subaru expert

Post by dmondo » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:52 pm

Try Mark @ this address. He has been in the subaru club for many years & running his own business fixing subarus for many years.

Combined Servicing Pty Ltd
(03) 9546 9828
33 Garden Rd
Clayton VIC 3168

Des..

Return to “Subaru Chat”