Seeking assistance, nth Melbourne

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
pzs

Seeking assistance, nth Melbourne

Post by pzs » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:52 am

I have a Turbo L series in Whittlesea Victoria, approx. 40km nth of Melbourne I am told, that I hope to fly from Alice Springs NT and drive back.
I am putting it out there for any Turbo ea 82 enthusiasts to go and have a look at it and advise me what it might need to do to drive it back to A/Springs.
I am hoping there might be someone relatively close to Whittlesea, that may be like me and not have anything better to do, but than do this for someone they don't even know.
I will supply you with beer, when I come down likely mid November to bring it back, and who knows possibly a workshop in A/Springs for any one who might get stuck here on a trip...what goes around comes around, I say.

Bantum
General Member

Post by Bantum » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:12 am

Wouldn't be cheaper to put on a truck ? Someone like Peter Kittle could do a deal for you I'm sure ... :)

Cheers, Bantum ...

pzs

Post by pzs » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:55 pm

$2000 is standard price heading nth, if the car was going south it would be about $500-600.
Besides I got some time off and need an excuse to go for a drive, don't really care about the car, if it makes it or not. I'll figure out something if I break down.
I only want it for parts.

B00sting

Post by B00sting » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:50 pm

Damn that's a long drive! At least 26 hours?
And guessing 6-8 tanks of fuel?
The parts must good!

If I lived closer to Whittlesea I'd have a look for you. Has the seller being any help?
Brumby 1992: EA81, 15" peugot steelies, 2" ********* body lift, tonneau cover, bullbar, GME UHF, ARB compressor, ********* rear diff protector, SOLD

-97 Landcruiser :D

pzs

Post by pzs » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:50 pm

Parts good... maybe, maybe not, I don't really worry about that, I'm over due for a get out of town drive, Alice will do that to you, you need to get away every 6 months, or at least I do anyway, I'll take 5 days and stay in pubs, that's the main purpose....and I might get some spares out of it, if it makes it back.
Seller bought the car as a project and didn't look into it to far, circumstances changed, and he had to sell, I asked him about driving it back and all I got over the phone was a good belly laugh and he hung up...not that dramatic, but you get the picture, anyways I'll take some tools and have a go, it will only cost me a $1200 bucks for car, cheap airfare, fuel and maybe a return bus ticket for 7 day's away.

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:34 am

Don't worry (too much) My first venture into EA82T stuff was an $18 ebay win - the turbo exhaust - nothin' else just the pipe. Cheap compared to the $150 a wrecker wanted for rusty remains of one. Think it was the seller wished me luck into the explosive (or was it self imploding??) world of EA82T.

After 7 years and over 100,000km got nothing but praise for the olde worlde engineering :)

Belly laugh...then hung up ? !!

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:22 pm

OK what happened here ? A successful transfer or man still lost between Melbs and Alice ??

Wooster

Post by Wooster » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:23 am

I know there has been a remake of Wolf Creek, maybe he was taken. Winner?

pzs

Post by pzs » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:29 am

Airfare booked and payed for on the 30th April, allowing 3 days prepping for trip, then a slow drive back, if anyone is planning to drive to Alice around the 5 May and you are driving a tilt tray maybe we can travel together, beers at my place.

Ulysses annual AGM in Alice between the 12-18th May want to be back by then.

Return to “Subaru Chat”