And so begins another project..

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
subarooster

And so begins another project..

Post by subarooster » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:20 pm

G'day all, been pretty slack lately with updates on brumby project and so forth. Basically i picked up a cheap clean brumby, had it fully panelbeated and paint prepped, got a donor 01' outback with a SOHC EJ and transferred the EJ25 from that too the brumby + was working on mounting up an SC14 supercharger. Had it too the point of started and idling, then due to a job offer on the other side of australia, i had to sell all projects and move over to WA. So been over here a few months now and somehow picked up this pretty clean MY touring wagon (digi-dash, tight manual gearbox, leccy windows, new tyres, new cv's and new wheel bearings) for a carton. I just couldnt help myself and had to have it. Plonked it in the back yard this arv and pondering on what to do with it.. seeing as though i'm now living in kalgoorlie where off road/ sand and desert for miles is in abundance, i was thinking along the lines of large lift kit, 6 stud convert, some kinky guard chopping and flaring, EJ, dual shocks? and roll cage. Not really looking to spend a lot IE: 5 stud + brake upgrade. I already have a set of rear discs and lsd to go so thats a much cheaper option.. With alot of spare time now with the price of gold down and work being limited i'm keen to start tearing this thing apart and get it moving. Sorry to all who wanted bits and pieces from my old wagon, i couldn't get onto ausubaru for a while and then had to pack everything up and move over here.
So anyway i'll keep you all posted on here as to how its progressing, If anyones nearby either in Kal or wherever, let me know as i'm most likely going to start hoarding bits and pieces and wouldn't mind a chat with a fella ausubaru fella.
Attachments
IMG_0714.jpg
IMG_0714.jpg (110.68 KiB) Viewed 727 times

Current Projects: *Offroad Racing MY Touring Wagon.
* EA82T Jap spec L series Wagon.

Previous rides: *Supercharged EJ25 Rwd Brumby
* 2 x 91' L series Ej20, 3 inch lift, mud tyres.
01' Liberty B4.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:40 pm

Nice one Subarooster - it has been a while since I've read a post from you on the forum!

Looks like a good bit of fun, not a bad colour if the clear coat isn't peeling!

Time to update your profile location ;)

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Return to “Subaru Chat”