design contest

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:27 am

spike wrote:ive got my security set fairly high for other reasons, same reason i have 2 fb accounts, TRUST NOONE!!

the idea is less about the design of the car and more about a sales pitch.

i just need to find the time and an engine to start work on my other fiberglass beast, oh the things you could do with that muryata though.
BTW i thought of another reason why I PERSONALLY dont like the muryata and would not choose it over some other options, if i was given one id take it but yeah i wouldnt spend all my money on it, my partner she wants that hahah

basically cause of the numbers produced and being a 'kit' car it cant be used for many racing classes here in AUS, to me thats a real bummer that you can get 2.7turbo performance, AWD and all that jazz and not get to use it on the open road

im already writing up a breif for the next competion, going very different from this one though haha
Skipe.. the Murtaya is like any other kit car that have been used and will continue to compete in many different racing circuits including the rally championship in the UK. You can't complete against cars that are not in it's class but if you're looking to built something similar then you're going to come up against the same things.

Once the first Murtaya (in Aus) is complete and road registered then there will be no reason why the Stroker 2.7 STi 6spd setup wouldn't be possible.. it's all up to the engineering with regards mainly to the brake setup.
spike wrote:i find it the other way, especially with the UK most locosts there are allowed through when quite frankly they are shite. i saw photos from 10 of a 15 car build set done at a tech college, they were built with stick welders, holes blown in the steel just urrghh.
no im not saying the muryata is comparable to this build quality just that the UK system lets a lot of things through we wouldnt, south australia, tasmania and i belive darwin are the places to get a car registered in australia perth and all eastern states require rego check every year.
Nope.. not correct. The UK and USA engineering rules are much higher than ours.. I have both sets of paperworks and I'm much happy to fill out the Aussie version. I'm sure there is plenty of stories out there with dodgy frames.. you can't tell me that doesn't also happen here in Australia??

BTW.. WA DPI does not require the vehicle to be inspected yearly.

Young Jedi has much to learn ;)
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

spike
General Member

Post by spike » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:43 am

RSR 555 wrote:you can't tell me that doesn't also happen here in Australia??

oh it definatly does but i belive we have better standards and wouldnt allow that on the road or track
RSR 555 wrote:BTW.. WA DPI does not require the vehicle to be inspected yearly.

i was just repeting what i had been told, a western australian knows better in that respect. while were on this subject im a little surprised cars like andrew Ts monster wagon gets passed not from the engineering point but from the missmatch of parts and how far it is from original.

RSR 555 wrote:Young Jedi has much to learn ;)
yessums i have to agree with that one

As the muryata comes in 'kit' form and not 'built' by a manufacturer it cannot be accredited by cams or the FIA as a production car and it cannot be entered in a lot of classes, including rally and a lot of circuits except as a special and well yeah thats when it hurts. if it could be passed as a production car it would rock as an IP car 2.7 stroked turbo, 6 speed and a body thats lighter than any standardard sti

78sti

Post by 78sti » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:54 am

If you want a real design comp with actual prize money try this link http://www.factoryfive.com/whatsnew/upd ... ncomp.html

I had a look and what would you know spike it ends 1/2 hour before yours!...

Really are you that low! I hope not. I really think you need to find a real job so you can make some money and maby one day some of your rally/ race car dreams might come true.

78sti

Post by 78sti » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:08 am

Sorry should of said that spikes comp ends 1/2 an hour before the real one!

spike
General Member

Post by spike » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:30 am

wait what??

yeah i saw that and i got the idea to do one here, i posted the link to that on my fb so others knew about it.

if for a moment you think i was going to enter somone elses pictures in a competition your way out of line

spike
General Member

Post by spike » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:44 am

due to 'people' (insert sarcastic derogitory term here) like 78 STI thinking that i would put my familys buissness name to a what is being described as essentially a scam i have decided to change this competition to what was planned to be the second competiton.

while this thread was originally just to tell people about designing somthing wild using the subaru motor, then becoming a pros and cons for the muryata it will not become a slag match because i got an idea from somone and would like to see peoples imaginations.

if you want to talk further about the muryata then i will allow that in this thread, if you want to talk about the designs for the competitions i am having i will allow that too here

if you want to slag of me or my families buisness i suggest you find somwhere else or wait for a summons in the mail

sven '2'
General Member

Post by sven '2' » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:59 am

Spike,

If you acknowledged the concept of your competition by citing the original concept that 78 STI found, then you you would be avoiding any suggestions of impropriety or plagiarism.

Words like - I found this, what do you reckon...

As for the Muryata, you yourself raised this in your OP 'but with more you know pazazzz'. The inverse of what you are saying is that it lacks 'pazazzz'. Hence people getting their backs up given what is involved in building, importing, modifying or designing cars.

As for a slander case, well all the best with that. Welcome to the interwebs.

Maybe best to separate the family business from your hobbies.
73 Yamaha DT3 250

08 Ford BF wagon - LPG FTMFW

14 Toyota Kluger - goodness!

spike
General Member

Post by spike » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:12 am

sven my family buisness is my hobby and im not bothered by the muryata i did bring that on my self simply by the fact i wanted somthing i like and as i said within the thread there are aspects i dont like about the muryata, thats what i meant by the term pazzaz anyway the idea was not that i would be judging alone and i needed a car to judge it on hence using the muryata as a bench mark.

may i ask what your 'link' was meant? if i was to link to the original then we would not get to see what people think, they are not open and will release the pictures for us to see, if i was to link it to my FB thing id consider that wrong by not saying this is me doing it but some random, to me that would be wrong if i found somone had linked me to there thing but not told me it was theres.

althought harder on the web it is possible to run court procedings, a lot harder but ive done it before

78sti

Post by 78sti » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:29 am

if you want to slag of me or my families buisness
Spike you do that all by yourself with uninformed and uneducated dribblings that you post all over the web!
althought harder on the web it is possible to run court procedings, a lot harder but ive done it before
Just another example! what when you were 12

FROG
General Member

Post by FROG » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:30 am

spike wrote: muryata
RSR 555 wrote:Skipe..
bahahaha

:D :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen: :D
ImageImageImageImageImage
GRAB THE VIN FROM DONOR VEHICLES
AUSubaru member specials
Brumby EA81 Oil Pump kit (4 x 'o'rings + gasket) posted Australia wide $22!
Brumby sloppy shifter bush kit $44 posted
email me
http://www.domsmotors.com.au
NOW DISTRIBUTING FOR SUBAXTREME BASH PLATES, NUDGE AND BULLBARS

spike
General Member

Post by spike » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:36 am

i belive its time you leave this thread 78, i dont think you know what im capable of

sven '2'
General Member

Post by sven '2' » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:50 am

spike wrote:sven my family buisness is my hobby and im not bothered by the muryata i did bring that on my self simply by the fact i wanted somthing i like and as i said within the thread there are aspects i dont like about the muryata, thats what i meant by the term pazzaz anyway the idea was not that i would be judging alone and i needed a car to judge it on hence using the muryata as a bench mark.

may i ask what your 'link' was meant? if i was to link to the original then we would not get to see what people think, they are not open and will release the pictures for us to see, if i was to link it to my FB thing id consider that wrong by not saying this is me doing it but some random, to me that would be wrong if i found somone had linked me to there thing but not told me it was theres.

The link was the original competition - by including such a citation to your idea, ensures you are providing full disclosure to all readers, not just those that have FB account.

Transparency is becoming a bit of political and management throw away line, but the concept remains sound - esp on the interwebs. Always cite your ideas!
73 Yamaha DT3 250

spike
General Member

Post by spike » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:58 am

yes to cite the idea would be correct and i appologise that i didnt

however the contest/competion/fun that i posted is only available on fb, it is not the same as the one formula 5, the fact that it gave me the idea means that yes i do need to cite it but it would be like hiding it in the fine print, not on ausubaru where it would take up space and draw attention from the audience, better placed in the back of a book where you must search through to find it

sven '2'
General Member

Post by sven '2' » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:18 pm

Understood.

Am fin with this topic.
73 Yamaha DT3 250

GOD

Post by GOD » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:33 pm

What happened to this?
spike's sig wrote:taking a break from the forum
Dane.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1993 EA82/EJ18/EJ22/EJ22/EJ20/EJ22 L Series perpetual project

spike
General Member

Post by spike » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:12 pm

think we all are sven.........

basically im not on here and posting everyday like i was at a time, mainly cause i have my hondas, work, the farm, tafe all that jazz and building my L has had to take a back seat so this year if i run i will probably be in current trim unless i put the stock mpfi i have in

damo666

Post by damo666 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:49 pm

spike wrote: althought harder on the web it is possible to run court procedings, a lot harder but ive done it before
Man, where is that "The Internet.....serious business" gif when you need it?

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:32 pm

Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

FROG
General Member

Post by FROG » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:53 pm

ImageImageImageImageImage
GRAB THE VIN FROM DONOR VEHICLES
AUSubaru member specials
Brumby EA81 Oil Pump kit (4 x 'o'rings + gasket) posted Australia wide $22!
Brumby sloppy shifter bush kit $44 posted
email me
http://www.domsmotors.com.au
NOW DISTRIBUTING FOR SUBAXTREME BASH PLATES, NUDGE AND BULLBARS

Return to “Subaru Chat”