what have been your abandoned projects?

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
steptoe
Master Member

what have been your abandoned projects?

Post by steptoe » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:37 pm

Surely there are many of us who have taken on projects Subaru and never completed due to taking on too much, too big or family restrictions shall we call it?
I have several that are pending so don't clasify here, but feel free to add yours.
There has been some evidence in here of clearance sales over the years - Baron VP comes to mind as he was moving too far to justify taking his collection of components, Hiya Jordan :)

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:08 pm

I did buy a 92 GX liberty for my wife almost 2 years ago, with the intention of lifting it and all the other bits and bobs one does, but then wifey mysteriously bought a turbo diesel forester, now the liberty is taking kids to and from school until I find the time to place an ad in the Quokka.

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

suby rebel

Post by suby rebel » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:33 pm

My previous brumby it was just to bad put in three EA81s as well replaced heads on two and diff as well rebuilt the rear after the bolts broke holding on rear torshion tube at 110ks with dog in the back, I also changed drive shaft and countless cvs loved that car was hard to let it go as it was week before selling.
Kept bullbar, rollbar and all the lights though.:)
And the wheels and the ariels to.

Tim

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:33 pm

Nice looking brumby Tim! You must have got onto a special for spotties by the look of that!

Abandon projects: One comes to mind, it was sorta revived but really hasn't got off the ground since day one. Nothing has been spent so far. Since going with a welded rear end for a while I've loved the performance of a welded rear end and would love to have it again without the pain of getting outta the subi to put in the drive shaft to lock it after black top travel, then having to take it out again after the fun.
So I've let go the dream of an R160 locked diff, even though I'll probably keep emailing ARB every so often to keep their rejection replies coming... I'm keen to see how many excuses they can come up with ;)

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

seagull

Post by seagull » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:19 am

Bennie , I have a one way rear LSD , Cusco I think it is

Return to “Subaru Chat”