Sherpa Down.

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
xaymaca

Sherpa Down.

Post by xaymaca » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:03 am

Ok, so I was up at Baron's place this weekend. The trip up was funny. Driving along, get to just past Gundagai and the exhaust falls off at the collector pipe. This makes life interesting for the remainder of the trip. Talk about drawing attention!

Anyway, Jordan and I spend Saturday evenin' doing an engine installation in the Sherpa that I planned to take back home with me. All is well. Started successfully and the next morning I'm off! Woohoo!

So about 100km's into my trip, the engine starts surging. :? I'm not too sure what's going on then I hear a *donk* from the rear of the car. Sounds like fuel tank?!? Whatthe! I peered into the enginebay of Sherpie and realised I had managed to pressurise the fuel tank by plugging the fuel tank breather into the wrong charcoal cannister nipple. Oh well, fixed that up.

All is well for another 550km's. I'm just outside a place called Euroa. About 150km's from where I had to be. All of a sudden, I lose most of the power I had (if you could say it had any in the first place!). I pull over and pop the bonnet. Smoke coming out of air filter. I opened air filter and there's yummy chocolate milkshake! My favourite! :cry:

Opened the radiator, no water. Checked oil, now WAY above full with even MORE chocolate milkshake. Head Gasket is gone. :(

So I got home about an hour ago after getting a friend to hire a car trailer and tow me back to Melbourne. What a way to end a good weekend. Ah well.

Anyway, no real point to this story. Just thought I'd let you all know of my misfortune!

Goodnight all!
'87 Targa Brumby
'83 Sherpa

BaronVonChickenPants
General Member

Post by BaronVonChickenPants » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:30 am

Glad to see you finally made it home, sorry I couldn't have been more help.

Good luck with the restoration.

Jordan.
To become old and wise, first you must survive being young and dumb.

32ford

Post by 32ford » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:10 pm

Every trip is an adventure with a subaru, if only we left our cars alone like normal people.

Return to “Subaru Chat”