Finally Here!!

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Mon May 31, 2010 11:22 pm

i enjoyed thrashing my lib to keep up :)
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)
my02 Gen3 Liberty limited ed.

previously
L-series wagon, LSD, EJ20turbo, 29in tyres, 'wanky wagon'
2000 gen3 outback, lifted, otherwise stock.

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Mon May 31, 2010 11:33 pm

she certainly seems to drive pretty well/fast! Bit more work and she will be one tidy little bus.

D3V1L

Post by D3V1L » Mon May 31, 2010 11:38 pm

yeh thanks again guys for the emergency response....much appreciated!!! ill put on some beers for you guys!!!
no more subarus

[/SIZE] [/color][/B][/color][/SIZE][/color]http://community.webshots.com/user/D3V1L9

Subafury

Post by Subafury » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:22 am

Lolololol. How much damage did it do?

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:28 am

to Dave's Brumby, well nothing really, the drum got abit scratched on the road prolly. You'd really have to ask the guy in the oncoming traffic lane who's car got hit with the wheel for a damage report lol. Can't have been too bad or he'd have stopped.

D3V1L

Post by D3V1L » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:28 am

nothing...just messed up some studs a little bit. and slight nicks in the tyre. got away very very lucky
no more subarus

[/SIZE] [/color][/B][/color][/SIZE][/color]http://community.webshots.com/user/D3V1L9

1111giles

Post by 1111giles » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:08 am

Hey there!
Looks like a wacking truck you got there....trouble is you are revvin me up to do somthing similar with 'Scruffy do' ( my other truck ) and it looks like it could be costly !
Any chance you could show some more images of the sides (ends) of the dash board conversion? The imp dash seems to fit in there nice and snug. What have you done for the centre console ? - is that still from an Imp?

Sorry to ask all this but as MV's / Brumbys are rare here at the best of times - I simply aint seen this kinda conversion before.

What other Imp goodies have you added to your truck?
Assume its a Imp 5 speeder gearbox which engine is it (M.Y)?

Brakes / Hubs / Suspension ???

The piccys have been long anticipated - but look the DOGS mate.

MORE PICCYS PLEAZE!

Cheers
Giles.

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:37 am

D3V1L wrote:yeh thanks again guys for the emergency response....much appreciated!!! ill put on some beers for you guys!!!
no wukkas broseph. I do like the sound of beers haha..

hey andrew did you see those cops? i shat bricks quite litterally haha...tyres did squeel a tad around the corner too.

alex
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)
my02 Gen3 Liberty limited ed.

previously
L-series wagon, LSD, EJ20turbo, 29in tyres, 'wanky wagon'
2000 gen3 outback, lifted, otherwise stock.

Subafury

Post by Subafury » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:41 am

I wish my car looked the dogs.

D3V1L

Post by D3V1L » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:29 pm

WRX ENTIRE inteior...
wrx motor
wrx gearbox
wrx diff
wrx hubs and brakes

ends of the dash have not yet been finished...the car is far from finished... just need it to get to and from work for a bit thats all.

it required a LOT of cutting to make it fit...but once ive properly finishe the ends its getting floc covering over the whole dash.

on a side note... i fixed my little hiccup tonight and took her for another good drive....much much better now...only a couple of minor noises and vibrations due to things touching and i know how to fix them;)

im vbery sorry i still havnt got any decent pics of it, ill take some tomorrow in daylight for you guys

dave
no more subarus

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:44 pm

Sounds great, this brumby must be loving the new power under the bonnet:) Im impressed on how fast that build took you, you flew through it:)

I'm interested to know how you got the WRX hubs in? did you use the conversion kit? I saw in a pic above that you drilled new holes for the strut tops but what did you do with the lower arm etc to fit the hubs and what did you do on the rear, std shock, wrx hubs?????

:)
Guy
The project, EJ22 --->>> EJ25 Quad CAM:D touring wagon
Thinking of going on holidays on a little paradise island, Check out http://www.dodolidays.com

D3V1L

Post by D3V1L » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:06 pm

i reccomend the crossbred kit ...heehe

but i did all mine myself cause i have access to a fab shop at work

the rear atm is not complete...but will be disks before too long..just waiting on a delivery from the us...heh

dave
no more subarus

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:49 am

The standard MY front control arms had the original balljoint sleeve removed and a larger one welded in so it accepts the WRX balljoint.
The standard rear MY brake drums had the original 4 studs removed, 5 extra holes made and 5 extra studs inserted so the 5stud wheels could be bolted straight on. Certainly needs those discs but it stops well enough for now, no weight in the rear of a Brumby afterall.

wrxer

Post by wrxer » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:45 pm

no handbrake for now then?
i used customised tapered reamer to enlarge hole on lseries arms, but need too be aware that you dont enlarge the straight ball joint bolt locating section, just the tapered part.

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:50 pm

bricks under the tyres for now, but I believe he has a hydraulic handbrake setup in the works, like a rally car :)

78sti

Post by 78sti » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:21 pm

If you have drilled the drum to suit 5 stud all you have to do now is machine off the whole outside of the drum so it fits snug inside a liberty disc then all you need to do is modify the liberty backing plate so it bolts up.

Then you have full liberty brakes and the liberty drum handbrake fits fine as well.

When you machine off the outside off the drum 95% of the old stud holes are removed is the process, just make sure the studs arn't to tight in the holes otherwise the cast drum can crack between the stud and the outside.

D3V1L

Post by D3V1L » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:06 pm

well took her for a good 250 kms drive today

all is well no mor issues

tonight however...ive locked my keys in it...BLOODY CAR>..and have now cracked my second windscreen for it...now im too scared to try taking it out again..any ideas?

this just pisses me off..caus i was enjoying the car soo much

dave
no more subarus

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:08 am

just screwdriver the door lock, these are easily replaceable. Your ignition key would already not match the door lock key so probably not much of an issue to just put another random one in.

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:45 pm

Who thinks Dave should be banned for his severe lack of PICS!? Such a cool little project and writeup with only a couple of pics from the very beginning is just criminal!!
D3V1L wrote: Pics will be up when i get some :D.
D3V1L wrote: ps still havnt got any pics as i dont have the car at my place... so next oppurtunity i get ill get some
D3V1L wrote:LOL....andrew ill get some pics tomorrow night as im going to start stripping the dash out...ill get some pics of the car,
D3V1L wrote: still forgot to get pics as it was night when i got there
D3V1L wrote:....forgot to get a pic...
D3V1L wrote:another update...still forgot pics...HAHAH
D3V1L wrote:HAHAH sorry guys, i keep forgtting to take pics
D3V1L wrote: getting closer...i might actually take some pics soon so ppl can see what ive done...hehe
D3V1L wrote: ill take my camera toomrrw and take a heap of photos for everybody to see what ive been up to..
D3V1L wrote:still havnt taken any

sorry guys i STILL havnt got many pics but they are comming very soon
D3V1L wrote: ill ACTUALLY TAKE SOME PICS tomorrow when i get her out of the back yard and out the front where it can be seen.
D3V1L wrote: im vbery sorry i still havnt got any decent pics of it, ill take some tomorrow in daylight for you guys

D3V1L

Post by D3V1L » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:20 pm

oi....but unfair...LOL...

on a side note...clutch has already started slipping :(
no more subarus

Return to “Subaru Chat”